Bendback Clouser Minnow
The Clouser Minnow is a popular and widely used pattern for both freshwater and saltwater game fish and is generally listed as one of the top patterns to have in any fly box, especially for bass and saltwater fishing.
The original Clouser Minnow evolved from traditional bucktail streamers and was created in 1987 by Bob Clouser, a Pennsylvania fly shop owner and guide. The original patterns were intended for smallmouth bass on the Susquehanna River. The name Clouser Minnow was coined by Lefty Kreh, a noted Fly Fishing writer in a 1989 article in Fly Fisherman.
The Clouser Minnow in general is an imitation of a baitfish. Today, is widely used for many species of both fresh and saltwater game fish.
Lefty Kreh claims to have caught over 87 species of game fish on Clouser Minnow flies!
The Bendback version of the fly makes it virtually weedless. It can be fished through grass, and over logs or rocks without snagging.
No saltwater fly box should be without these flies!
- Hook: Ahrex hooks SA250 Shrimp size #6, #4, #2
- Thread: GVS PT Dyneema 100D
- Body: Pearl Solid Rib
- Eyes: Dumbbell Eyes with Deer Creek Orange UV resin
- Wing: Bucktail white & (Olive, Chartreuse, Pink, Black, Blue, Grey)
- Back: Peacock Herl
- Flash: Ripple Ice Fibre - Holo Silver
- Head: Covered with Deer Creek Sculpt UV resin
Price: 7.00 EUR